If you're looking for a unique pair of shoes, that you won't find anywhere else, that fits you perfectly - you're in the right place!
My specialties are: creating works of wearable art, small scale collaborations, accomodating larger sizes, gender neutral styles, and working with sustainable materials.
Pretty much any shoe you can think of, I can probably make - I'll be bringing that thought to life, and working directly with you every step of the way.
1. INITIAL CONSULTATION + DEPOSIT
Once you have filled out the Custom Footwear Enquiry Form I will get back to you with a quote.
Price will vary depending on the style, materials and your approximate fitting requirements. This is a very time consuming labor intensive process, with many stages, so it does come at a cost. As a rough guide ~ standard fit shoes start between $1500-$2000 and custom fit shoes start between $1750-$2700. Payment plans are available.
(If you're wanting a pair remade that you've seen listed on the site, and you are a standard size, the cost will be the same as the original listing. If you require a custom fit or any design changes, this will come at an extra cost.)
If you’re happy with the quote and would like to discuss further and develop the design, you will be sent an invoice for a $250 non-refundable deposit. This is to cover time spent on consultation and design development. Once the design is finalised, the $250 deposit will be listed on your new invoice and will go towards the total cost of your shoes which is due upon completion.
I'll be taking your measurements by either coming to you, having you visiting the studio or sending you detailed instructions. From there I'll let you know if you require a standard fit or a custom fit shoe. Custom fit shoes can be made in absolutely any size - even odd pairs are possible!
*Please keep in mind - I am not a podiatrist and cannot assist with complex medical fitting requirements.
Now for the fun part! I'll be asking you to send over some reference images, drawings or even just images of things that you like, so I can get an idea of what you're after.
I'll usually send through a few images of different designs for you to choose from and/or modify to your liking, and from there we will discuss materials and the finer details.
As I get started on crafting your shoes, I'll be in touch to let you know how they're going, and if there are any hiccups or design changes we need to make.
Depending on the design I may make a mock-up to test the fit, in which case it will be posted to you or we'll arrange a fitting time at a suitable location.
Custom orders can take anywhere from 4-12 weeks to complete, depending on the design and fit requirements.
5. PICK UP / DELIVERY
Once your shoes are finished up you can choose to come to the studio to collect them or they can be posted out to you via AusPost or courier at an additional cost.
I'm an experienced shoemaker with an appreciation for unique aesthetics and high quality traditional craftsmanship. I have created custom shoes for customers nationally and internationally, from Italy to the USA. Want to know more? Read here.
• solid New Zealand Pine platform
• signature kangaroo leather "paper" effect
• comfortable cushioned insole
• small scale collaboration with full range of 20 styles
• created for the Nicol + Ford runway at Australian Fashion Week
• vintage fabrics and trims
"The product itself is amazing! Exactly what I wanted (which was a little odd). The process was perfect! The care and thought that went into my wants and needs is what made the outcome what it was. No detail was insignificant and requests for things Matea hadn’t done were met with honesty and excitement. Couldn’t be happier."
* * *
• custom narrow fit
• combination nappa and vegetable tanned double lined upper
• blake stitched vegetable tanned leather sole
see the process
• handsculpted EVA soling
• custom digital print fabric uppers with metallic kangaroo leather details
• eucalyptus fibre padding
• vegan friendly using vinyls, rubber and vintage surplus leather
• faux snakeskin flame details
• elastic slip-on
• handcrafted australian pine soling
• neoprene upper
• white rubber grip
• vegetable tanned kangaroo leather upper
• handsculpted chunky cork platform
• brass detail buckle
• detail hand cut windows
• vintage olive leather
• traditional derby contruction
• inspired by Vivienne Westwood's Roman 3 Strap Sandals
• custom fluro pink and green kangaroo leather
• custom fit size 43
• handsculpted layered cork platform
• reflective vinyl panelling
• hardwearing rubber soling
• custom sludge soling finish
• full leather upper with handstitched toe detail
• custom wide fit
• custom digitally printed apron and strap using recycled bottle fabric
• leather upper, lining, insole and sole
• hidden elastic for comfortable fit
• leather upper and lining
• zip-up with steel o-ring
• leather randing and soling
• custom hand dyed kangaroo leather upper and lacing
• hardwearing white rubber two part soling
• soft green leather lining
• salvaged leather patchwork
• vegetable tanned moulded leather toe cap and shin plate
• full leather sole with solid brass detailing